Seagulls recognised for outstanding VFL achievements
Alec Gillon Award
Lifelong Williamstown volunteer Graeme Crocker last night recieved the Alec Gillon Award, awarded annually by AFL Victoria to an honorary club official who has provided outstanding service to Victorian Football.
Crocker has a lengthy resume for his career at Williamstown.
• Commenced Timekeeping in 1978 taking his service to the game to 41 years in 2018
• In 2017, Graham completed his 1,500th match as Timekeeper including Under 19’s, Reserves / Development and Seniors at VFA / VFL and TAC Cup level
• Always on hand to assist other Club’s at VFA / VFL and TAC Cup level over his time when matches do not conflict with Williamstown matches
• Williamstown FC Life Member
• 1991 Williamstown FC Best Clubman Award
VFL Life Membership
First year Seagull Lachlan George was rewarded for an outstanding career to date with VFL Life Membership.
• 175th Match played Sunday 17th June 2018 Williamstown v Sandringham
• 166 North Ballarat, 16 Tasmainia, 7 Box Hill Hawks, 9 Williamstown
• VFL Representative & Team of the Year 2013
Janet Dooley was awarded VFL Life Membership for her amazing 73 years working in our canteen. Dooley's record speaks for itself.
• Volunteered at the Club since 1953 in the Club’s Canteen
• Canteen Manager VFL / VFLW home matches along with TAC Cup, TAC Cup Youth Girls, VAFA and Western Region FL matches held at Williamstown Football Ground
• Canteen Fundraising since Janet joined the Club exceeds $250k
• Williamstown Life Member
• Awarded AFL Victoria Alec Gillon Award in 2011
• Williamstown Hall of Fame Inductee 2014
We congratulate all the award winners for their outstanding lifetime achievements.
Community club football continued over the weekend, as we take a closer look at the 6 players who featured over the weekend.Read more ...